Friday, April 8, 2011

Sometimes Life Interferes

It has been hard for me to stay on schedule this week. Life often gets in the way. Last weekend was filled, so I was a little tired. Still, I managed to run almost 5 miles. This week, I had a memorial service for my dear Uncle. Yet, I managed two swims and short run. It is a little easier to fit my training into my life when I workout in the morning; even when evening and friend commitments come into play, the workout is already done. Still, I have several commitments for this weekend, which is interfering with my running and biking. I haven’t quite figured out a way to get it all done.

It is weeks like these that discourage me. In years past, a day off would turn into 2, which would turn into a week. So, now I worry that I will not be able to complete my training. That a few days off will really throw me off my game. I am especially disheartened when I look at my current kilometer count – totaling about 366 kilometers.

Walking – 86 km
Running – 118 km
Biking – 130 km
Swimming – 32 km

Then, I think about the training I have been able to accomplish. I have already biked more, swam more and run more than last year. I am in much better shape this year, probably in some of the best shape of my life. I have a couple of major things going on this year that are slightly intimidating, terrifying and exciting. Missing a day or two, here or there can’t hurt me. My goal of 2011 km and this blog should help me get back on track. I know I can be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment