Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Renewed Commitment.

After chatting with a new friend of mine about her fitness blog, I realized it had been weeks, since I have posted here. This week, I actually made a renewed commitment to my training, which makes this a perfect time to return to blogging.

Even though I have not been blogging regularly, I have been tracking my kilometers. So far, March has been a great month to get back on track - I have logged over 100km this month alone.

I have gotten back on the wagon, while to be more specific - the bike. I am still looking for a decent spin class at my current gym. I have gone to three different classes. So far, the instructors are very nice, but require a great deal of personal motivation. The best one was with Mike, who did the whole class with a Michael Jackson playlist. At this time, 60 minutes on the bike is difficult… I am certainly not ready to also train my mind; I go to the class It’s much better for me when the instructor uses imagery and convinces me I am in a race. I definitely have a competitive streak. So when she says, "only three racers to beat, let's catch them on the climb", it is much more motivating, then only 2 more minutes.

My local triathlon club meets regularly for bike rides. This past weekend was a “beginner ride”. It turns out, I need a PRE-Beginner Ride. On a good day, I am definitely closer to 11-13 mph, maybe even a little less when there are hills. I love my bike, and love to ride it – but didn’t realize 16 miles of rolling hills at 14-16mph was BEGINNER.

After a little prodding from my sister and the encouragement from the group’s leader, I decided to go. It was tough. It was fun. I finished all 16 miles, even 2 excruciating climbs – in about 1:22 – about 11 or so mph. It was an accomplishment and I DIDN’T COME IN LAST.

Total as of Today = 297.50km

Goal = 2011km in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment